[Asterisk-biz] some things that really suck in customer support

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sun Nov 6 13:59:44 MST 2005

On Sunday 06 November 2005 15:32, Jeremy McNamara wrote:
> Configuration issues not relating to our service - ie teaching them how
> to configure their asterisk box without paying for the support.

*surely* you could work around this without resorting to such drastic
measures.

Just off the top of my head:
1) requesting a numeric code from a page from members.nufone.net that you can
only get to when you log in with your valid account information
2) specifically stating before dropping to voicemail "calls will only be
returned if this is regarding a nufone service issue.  We do not provide
support for asterisk in general."

Surely there is a way to improve customer service without resorting to trying
to find you or Shido online...

-A.