[Asterisk-biz] Patent lawyers?

Brian West brian.west at mac.com
Tue May 31 17:00:20 MST 2005

> First, who is the accuser?  Let's immediately terminate any and all
> business relationships with them.

Right now I would rather not say since it may or may not go any
farther than the letter that "offers" us the ability to license the
technology.  If you read the patents they have a theme and you can
figure out who it is.

> Second, why did they pick on you, Brian?  Are you a large player?

We have had dealings with them over search engine keywords and won
that fight.

> Third, you'll either have to roll over or fight them.  Do you have
> the resources?  Legal defense fund?

Depends on what those resources are.  Right now I need prior art and
better understanding of the patents.  They read 1000 times worse than
RFC's.

/b