[Asterisk-biz] T.38 pass-through / T.38 support

Preston Garrison preston at mailblocks.com
Sat May 28 20:21:27 MST 2005

Why not use a proxy, in theory it should pass through t.38 just fine
since it doesn't get involved in the RTP streams at all.  Is there a
reason you need support DIRECTLy into asterisk.  I was thinking about
adding proxy support to chan_sip for some time now, but have ended up
making a stand alone proxy solution, and a universal system to
authenticate users via asterisk or my proxy system, as well as DIDs
etc.  This way I can hand off my sip connections to asterisk if needed
for voicemail etc, but most of the times my calls just pass through my
proxy server only.

Preston Garrison
direct: 877-748-4142
fax: 310-774-3901