[Asterisk-biz] RE: Ip to location

Mike asterisk.forum at teliax.com
Thu May 19 19:25:30 MST 2005

try geoip

http://www.maxmind.com/

they got C , PHP , PERL Api's

HAve fun .. share ;)

Who is this provider ?

contact me directly.. need to ask you another question ;)

********************************

Here is my situation:

I have a 911 provider that will provide me with basic 911 service for all
of North America (Note: I am a Canadian provider and am not required
(yet) to provide e911).

Here is what I need:

I need a way to determine based on the IP connecting to my asterisk server
for a clients account # if they are in North America or not.  I will give
an example below.  This will determine what to do when 911 is dialed.

Example:

Caller 1:  Dials 911 while in Canada - IP is checked if in North America
(True) - call gets routed to my 911 call centre.

Caller 2:  Dials 911 from China (or anywhere outside of North America) -
IP is checked if in North America (False) - a wav file is played directing
the caller to find the nearest available land line, etc.

Does anyone know a way to add this to my dial plan?

Customer Business Customization
Teliax Inc

Téléphone - Internationnal / Phone - Worldwide: +1-303-629-8304
Sans frais - Canada & É.-U./ Toll Free -.Canada &  USA: +1-888-270-3688
Visitez-nous sur internet à/ Visit us on the Web:  www.teliax.com