[Asterisk-biz] The FCC VoIP 911 order is official.

JD Austin jd at twingeckos.com
Thu May 19 10:09:07 MST 2005

As if I wasn't paying for 911 enough ways already.. propery taxes, home
phone, cell phone, and now voip too.
So other than having a GPS receiver in every ATA (how exactly would that
work with asterisk?)
how do they propose to make this work?  It's not like a cell phone where
based on the cell tower you are using they can figure out where you are
(grin).  I suppose they could let us pick our 'area' and route 911 that way.
Either way this will make VOIP less attractive.

For all of you doing credit card calling over voip.. how does this apply
to you?

JD

admin wrote:

> The FCC VoIP 911 oreder is official. Check out the press release at
> http://www.fcc.gov/.

JD Austin
Twin Geckos Technology Services LLC
email: jd at twingeckos.com