[Asterisk-biz] Cell Phones and Asterisk PBX

Theo Chao theochao at hotmail.com
Wed May 18 10:17:09 MST 2005

Hello,

My company has a 800 number that we use for customer service.  However, instead of having our customer service reps at the office, we route these calls to their cell phones using a service provided by gosolo.com.  However our current system isn't ideal because it will call each number in order causing longer and longer waits when we've got people on the line.   Our goal is to set up a system that allows us to design the way calls into an 800 number are routed out to our cell phones.

We're wondering if it's possible to forward out to multiple cell phones and be able to determine which cell phone first answered the call.  Additionally, would we need more than a PRI line and the server running asterisk to accomplish this goal?  Are there any software commands specific to this task I could research?

On a side note, are there any popular forums or live chat/IRC rooms where VOIP people congragate?

Thanks,
Theo