[Asterisk-biz] Bounty for a residential number port for my asterisk service

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Mon May 16 08:33:18 MST 2005

William Waites wrote:

>On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 01:18:23PM -0500, Rehan Ahmed AllahWala - Super Technologies I wrote:
>

>>Get a Soft phone account from vonage, and set a call forward busy on this line
>>

>Indeed in the early days of LNP, this is pretty much exactly how it was
>implemented under-the-hood. (Call forward immediate rather on busy, but
>same diff).

Don't forget that the softphone has limited free minutes. All minutes
forwarded count against that except for in-network. You have to think
about expected volume before deciding which number goes with which hard
or soft phone. The free in-network minutes feature might be the factor
that makes you decide to use a vonage softphone rather than get any
DID's from other providers.