[Asterisk-biz] voipjet?

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Sun May 15 18:23:27 MST 2005

alex at pilosoft.com wrote:

>On Sun, 15 May 2005, Paul wrote:
>

>>I don't know of any good wholesale providers for noobs. Who would
>>actually want to do that?
>>

>You are exactly right. In fact, you may say that 'wholesale provider' and
>'noob' in same sentence is an oxymoron. If you require your hand held, you
>are by definition a retail customer.

I have customers who get wholesale prices on things like email services.
They call me when the only thing not working is the cheap ADSL service
they get from Verizon or SBC. One customer called me(rather than the
ISP) because he couldn't get dialup to work. I told him to call the
dialup number and see if a modem answered. Sure enough he got a spoken
error message because the ISP had been accidently cut off by the PSTN
carrier.

I charge my customers for wasted time and that way it turns out not be
be such a waste at all for me. Somebody else can try to get paid for all
their hard work by charging "retail" prices. I just don't have it in me
these days. Offer people free training videos and they won't watch them
as long as they can call some number and get free babysitting for their
employees.