[Asterisk-biz] Criminal Liability (I know there areattorneyson this list)

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Sat May 14 16:46:35 MST 2005

I haven't had time to keep up with the *real* news but I seem to
remember hearing things about some of these countries. If buying such
products is a way of subsidizing child abuse and near-slavery, where can
I shop? However, I don't want to help starve children by suspending
trade with these countries. If we deliver food and medicine to their
ports, who actually gets it? I think that the majority of people here in
the US disagree with what I believe to be the best approach: Welcome
those people here as refugees.

Let me also say that if the sexual exploitation of minors in the
Phillipines is actually legal, we should grant refugee status to their
people. If it is not legal, I hope they start demanding the extradition
of anyone in the US who knowingly helps those criminals. It's rather
expensive to prosecute and imprison them here. These third world
countries can house them in their jails and prisons for far less. We can
easily give them enough goods and money in the form of foreign aid to
more than cover the costs.