[Asterisk-biz] Criminal Liability (I know there are attorneys on this list)

Michael Welter mike at introspect.com
Thu May 12 21:23:43 MST 2005

fruit f*cker 2000 wrote:
> If you're going to do it in the Philippines, be careful. The
> government is doing a crackdown on exploitation of minors. Even if you
> have "the girls" consent.
>
> I've seen TV news reports of actual raids. Equipment seized &
> operators arrested. Minors are sent to the social welfare department
> while the operator, if a foreigner, will be charged and sent back
> home.

I never implied that I was doing or going to do anything.  I've had
inquiries, and I'm wondering about the ethics and legalities of what
I've been asked to do.  That's all.

My question is, could I be criminally liable by providing service to an
offshore operation if I don't know the nature of the client's business.