[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk Contractor Wanted

Daniel Bruce Lynes asterisk at 247communications.com
Thu May 12 20:03:59 MST 2005

On Thursday 12 May 2005 07:54 pm, Kerry Garrison wrote:

> Ok ok ok, I was just going to sit there and laugh at all this nonsense. If
> you are ok with paying slave wage labor prices well..enough said. Who can
> live on $10 a day? An apartment in LA will run $1000 a month for a decent
> place, add the other costs of living and $50 an hour is a cheap price for
> skilled people, let alone $1 an hour.

The person you were replying to seems to be from Mexico, not Los Angeles.  I
don't know about Mexico, but in Vancouver, Canada I can get a decent place
for $500CAD/mo (including all utilities).  In most countries $1000USD/mo for
a 'decent place' is an absolutely insane price.  If I could get $50USD/hr
here for Asterisk work I would be laughing all the way to the bank.  Back in
the hey day of the .com boom I could get those kind of wages for something
like Asterisk development, but not now.