[Asterisk-biz] sip phone w/headset jack

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Thu May 12 18:07:23 MST 2005

On Tue, 10 May 2005, Ed Greenberg wrote:

> Polycom and Cisco.
>
> I don't like the fact that the Polycom (IP-500) tends to reset the headset
> volume for each call :(

That is a configurable option that you can set. I believe it is called
"headset memory" and can be configured (as with EVERYTHING about the
phone) in the XML files. Check the Polycom Adminsitrator's manual, as the
parameter is defined in there. Once I set that, I never had another issue
with it until I rebooted the phone.