[Asterisk-biz] Marketshare of Asterisk Solutions - addition

Jason Becker jason at coalescentsystems.ca
Tue May 10 11:09:13 MST 2005

Puja Haji Abbassi wrote:

>Hi again,
>
>to be a little bit more specific. I need specific information on for
>example market share of asterisk solutions if possible in relation to
>"usual" IP-PBX.

/“There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.”

– Benjamin Disraeli/

I firmly believe that Asterisk will do to the PBX marketplace what Linux
did to the UNIX marketplace. But this really is the province of
marketing types and surveys and such and you can sample until you get
the "right" data that will support whatever it is you want to support.
If you still want to pursue this I'd look at the issue from say the
perspective of estimating MySQL's marketshare and see what lessons can
be learnt.

Regards,

--
Jason Becker