[Asterisk-biz] Vonage bows to 911 pressure

Preston Garrison preston at mailblocks.com
Thu May 5 17:55:50 MST 2005

I think someone needs to stand up and start up a service that provide
E911 service based on a per call, or per customer level. Its a big
opportunity for someone to tap into a market that has not been tapped
into yet, and it would be a welcomed service to many providers. getting
your own E911 service together may be feasible, however alot of
providers may trust someone else to do it that has spent alot of time
figuring out all the quirks. Vonage didn't even want to do it on their
own, and that should tell you something about it. If it was that
simple, why would they need to partner with verizon to do it?

 Preston Garrison
 direct: 877-748-4142
 fax: 310-774-3901
 cell: 623-748-4140