[Asterisk-biz] Vonage bows to 911 pressure

Alex Pui alex.pui at act-labs.com
Thu May 5 13:46:00 MST 2005

Are there many of your customers will solely rely on your service, if yes,
that is a problem, otherwise if your customers like ours, still maintain
their PSTN line for incoming and local call, it should not be a problem as
long as you told them expressly that there is no 911 service, and may be you
should ask them to acknowledge that they are aware of the 911 issue.

Of course, as an industry we can get ourselves prepared for this, that would
be great, but if we add up all the cost and become another dinosaur, what is
the choice for consumers?

Alex