[Asterisk-biz] Vonage bows to 911 pressure

bclem at im-online.net bclem at im-online.net
Thu May 5 09:47:02 MST 2005

This is something I've been wondering about. What does this mean for the small
US based VOIP providers? We don't have the cash or the resources to partner
with the verizon's of the world in order to provide E911 Services.

If the ruling comes down, doesn't this essentially kill all of us small
providers? This also helps the bigger boys too I would assume. Thus unfairly
providing advantage to them. We could bring a class action lawsuit if it came
down to it.

What do you guys thing of all this mess and how it affects us?

-B

Quoting Michael Welter <mike at introspect.com>:

http://go.theregister.com/feed/http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/05/05/vonage_911_deal/