[Asterisk-biz] Forwarding incoming calls via SIP

Rehan Ahmed AllahWala - Super Technologies I rehan at supertec.com
Tue May 3 07:50:25 MST 2005

Dear Maya,

Correct me if i am wrong, but i think voicepulse connect numbers are IAX2 not sip, so if
libretel is sending it via sip, it will not go though.

2. Why don't you simple land the libretel number directly to your asterisk, why are u
going via voicepulse, is there a particular reason behind that ?

Rehan

> Folks,
>
> Has anyone successfully got a Libretel DID forwarded
> to a Voicepulse Connect number for incoming calls?
>
> I have signed up for an overseas DID with Libretel. My
> main VOIP number is a VoicepulseConnect number, which
> I've been happily using for incoming calls via IAX.
>
> Libretel insists on SIP (or IAX via FWD ... but that's
> adding another point of failure, potentially, so I
> don't want to go there). The choices for forwarding
> seem to be FWD, Generic SIP and Broadvoice. So, I
> selected Generic SIP, and gave my address as:
>    userid at srvr.voicepulse.com (the same userid and
> srvr I  use to register asterisk at voicepulse
> connect).
>
> I see on the asterisk console that it successfully
> registers asterisk on the Voicepulse SIP server.
>
> When I call my Libretel DID, however, all I get is a
> busy signal. Libretel tells me that when they try to
> forward a call through to my VPC SIP-address, they get
> a "user not known". VPC tells me they are not set up
> for IP-forwarding incoming calls, that calls must be
> dialed with a phone or PBX.
>
> So, what are my options? Has anyone successfully got
> Libretel and Voicepulse interacting? Any ideas on what
> to do next?
>
> Thanks,
> Maya

Super Technologies Inc., Pensacola, Florida
http://www.supertec.com - Technologies from tomorrow, TODAY!
http://www.VirtualPhoneLine.com - Get A US, UK, EU Number, Forward it to any
number in the world instantly, Record your calls, Look who is calling you. Try it,
you will love it.
http://www.PhoneOpia.com - SIP Based OPEN Phone Services.
http://www.MySuperPhone.com - The NEXT Generation of Telephone.
Http://www.ip-pabx.com - One World, One Number, One Pabx, All Hosted