[Asterisk-biz] voip VPN solution requirement

Silvio Schneider suvi at gmx.ch
Mon May 2 01:47:38 MST 2005

> Hello,
> Thanks for all this feedback. Let me elaborate more the requirements:

> 2-) The solution should be able to pass 90 simultaneous calls over a 2 MEg
> link;

This sounds almost impossible. In standard carrier grade voice transmission
you can pass 31 calls with 2 Megs (64 kbit/s per call). In your case you
have 21kbit/s per call. Plus you want this encrypted, which means you will
have even less quality. You can do it, but you will loose a lot of
frequency.
Loosing frequencys means one can not hear the  temper of the caller.

What is your concentration factor?

10 GB Mailbox, 100 FreeSMS  http://www.gmx.net/de/go/topmail