[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk Integration Services / Products

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Thu Mar 31 22:48:11 MST 2005

Hello List,

I am starting to build a line of Asterisk related tools that I want to
commercialize. Unfortunately my business skills are not as good as my
coding skills - so maybe you can give me your thoughts on the products /
services I intend to launch.

- Asterisk::LCR - least cost routing engine.

I have started to build this GPL piece of code. I have worked hard on
the design to make sure it's very modular and easily extensible so that
I can adapt the logic of the LCR engine for each client, their specific
providers, etc.

The code is very tight throughout, there is a proper testing suite, POD
documentation...

The code is GPLed, so I am planning to make money selling 'GPL licenses'
around 1000€ which would bring the additional benefit of 8 hours (a
day's work) of integration for each client's specifics (mainly the
providers they use) plus 5 support request issues.

Do think that can work?

- VSP Start!

I have built for myself a VoIP calling card application. Users can sign
up, download pre-configured VoIP software (I have modded FireFly to
start with so it needs to be licensed with Virbiage), and start making
calls right away.

I've put up a full descripton right here: http://ykoz.net/intl/vsp/

I was thinking that this calling card solution might interest emerging
VSP carriers. Of course there is a bit or work to do to integrate the
product, namely:

- decide on a billing policy
- internationalize it for a given carrier
- integrate it with the carrier website / database of users /
authentication system

I was wondering what would be a good pricing model for this type of work?

- ????

Maybe this is really the question I should have asked myself before
doing the coding - but I like coding :)

What would be a good product?

Is there a need that could be filled by some Asterisk / AGI / Perl
database integration? Any ideas to what could be a succesful product are
welcome.

Best Regards,
Jean-Michel.

--
Ykoz Un Max - La VoIP en pré-payé!
Essayez gratuitement - 5 crédits offerts.