[Asterisk-biz] my rant - or- Surevoice Cust. Ser. not respoinding

asterisk at slkgroups.com asterisk at slkgroups.com
Wed Mar 30 12:17:52 MST 2005

hi gang-
i have been following this mailing list for about a year, and finally (25 feb) decided to get a Voip account. (also- finally settled on a GOOD DSL provider)

i talked with tom wish - who explained the business, and i -in turn - explained my business plan.
he set me up with an  800 number for testing.
it took over a week to get it working.
their customer service number went down the fist weekend my number worked.
8 days after it was working my 800 number went down. it took a week to find out they cut me off for "overuse," stating i was a commericial customer, not residential or business. (huh??)
i ordered a local number on 14mar05- which i paid for immediatly. i am still waiting for it.
i asked for a refund of the local number payment- i received an autromated responce on the same day- 24 march- but have not heard from them since.

i bought a 866 number from Teliax. - set up was great- we had an issue getting outgoing to work right- we made a mistake in the conf. number works great- web account is great. customer service is not fantastic. my problems have been addressed, but general querstions are slow to be answered. David is doing a great job- and i would recommend them to anyone.

my business plan consists of offering a service to the local comunnity, and for  that i am getting a PRI install by the ILEC- since i NEED local numbers for my business model. at first i expect that the majority of the PRI is going to be idle. anyone wish to point me in the right direction to start i VOIP business????

keith tucholski
the SLK Groups
572 w spruce st
hazleton pa 18201