[Asterisk-biz] credit card payment

Herman Webley herman.webley at blitzllc.com
Wed Mar 30 11:21:49 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 13:21 -0500, alex at pilosoft.com wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, Rusty Shackleford wrote:
>
> > You should explore PayPal. Their merchant offerings are much better than
> > even 12 months ago. For example, they no longer require credit card
> > users (your customers) to register and set up a PayPal account. Other
> > improvements have been made to their API that have eliminated most of
> > the annoying issues that many on-line merchants have had with PayPal.
> Why don't you stop being a lemonade stand operation and get a real
> merchant account?

This person was just being helpful to me. I am not even sure who you are
attacking (the other poster or me).

Why must your comments always so harsh. I can't move away from the lemonade
 stand operation, as I am still picking the lemons!

I believe I did outline that my information says that getting a US
merchant account without having a US business presence is more dificult
than the regular process.

> Why would a customer trust you when you only accept paypal payments? Its
> instant sign of "hello, I am very small and I can't even afford to bother
> setting up a merchant account".

What if I can't a afford to set up a merchant account! Should I just
give up? I sincerely believe that I can deliver quality service to the
customer base that I plan to serve. Shouldn't I try? Should I really
just continue to be poor just because I have little financial capital
despite my expertise and knowledge?

Best regards,
Herman Webley