[Asterisk-biz] ITSP Rant

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Wed Mar 30 10:21:36 MST 2005

Robert Goodyear wrote:

> On Mar 30, 2005, at 7:59 AM, Brian West wrote:
>
>> Price, Reliability, Quality....
>>
>> Pick 2.
>>
>> NEXT!!!
>>
>> /b
>

> Yeah, we've already been over that. Waiting for someone to step up to
> the plate and give me items 2 and 3 at the expense of item 1.
>
> Hey wait a minute... isn't VoicePulse one of the most expensive? Doesn't
> that mean I can have Reliability and Quality now according to the
> formula above?

	I have been complaining about this time and time again.  I'll pay
double, triple the going rate for quality.  No problem.  Right now I
have a 6meg down, 600k up rock solid DSL line for $99/month.  That's a
lot of bandwidth/calls for $99.  NuFone's servers are 12ms (< 1ms
jitter) away (Chicago), yet I still cannot get a solid, reliable call to
save my life. (Not a direct hit on NuFone - no flames Jeremy...)

	I have placed IAX calls to another server in a nice datacenter on the
other side of the country that sound fantastic (where I have access to
the server, etc).  Pretty sure it's not my end, who knows what their
problem is... Like we all have all been saying, nobody is willing to
help, period.

	The point is, to get several simultaneous digital calls and be able to
set caller id, etc, I would have to pay $400 - $600 /month + $0.04+ LD
just to get a PRI around here...  That means that I can pay $0.04 on
ITSP LD and still save around $500 a month.

--
Kristian Kielhofner