[Asterisk-biz] ITSP Rant

Yair Hakak yhakak at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 00:20:53 MST 2005

<rant>
you know what, forget reliability, forget support, all that good stuff.
If voicepulse thinks they can raise rates by more than 35% (from $8 to
$11) ON 2 DAYS NOTICE without grandfathering in your old clients, and
think this is acceptable, then they shouldn't be in the ITSP business,
and they shouldn't be running a corner grocery store either, because
that kind of rate hike for any product is unnaceptable. Couple this
with the fact that we are in an industry where we are used to prices
going down, not up, and you have some horrible business practices.

my sneaking suspicion is that they were cross-subsidizing, i.e. using
revenue from outgoing minutes to offer lower rates on DID's, hoping
people wouldn't buy just origination and do their termination with
voicepulse as well. However, talk about rate whores aside, there's no
way in hell i'd pay voicepulse 2.9 cents a minute when the going rate
is under 1.5. That's just ridiculous. Enough people probably figured
this out and started using a different provider for outgoing, causing
them to lose money on incoming.

I, for one, am taking my DID's elsewhere.

</rant>

-yair