[Asterisk-biz] Open source billing poll

Moody asterisk.user at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 23:06:36 MST 2005

While not familiar with the previous thread (that I can remember...) I
would suggest that a page from the very successful osCommerce project
might be a good solution.

http://www.oscommerce.com/

For those not familiar with osCommerce it is a very mature open source
ecommerce project which is both very good on its own and used by
*many* developers as a base for custom projects.

In terms of billing it allows plugins for different sales systems - It
therefore supports manual CC, authorize.net, paypal etc and like most
opensource projects encourages both companies and developers to create
the plugins without adding to the initial development.

My short answer therefore is build one that will do invoicing
(post-paid) and includes a basic paypal or manual credit card option
with more time spent on developing an easy framework for future
plugins.

Just my 2 cents,