[Asterisk-biz] Forklift a 2000 phone PBX - 5000 calls up - WAY up

Brian West brian.west at mac.com
Sun Mar 27 21:08:17 MST 2005

Paul,
	We never did get to the bottom of the passing of audio.  If you pass
5k calls at ulaw that would be about 3.2 gigabit of bandwidth.  If I
recall I heard something about using app_echo in your testing.  If you
recall app_echo doesn't send any audio unless it gets audio.  Thus you
can signal 5k calls but don't expect to pass audio.  And does sipps
support passing of audio?  I don't recall it doing so.  I know we spoke
at von and we would like to know the low down dirty details of how your
tests are done.   Maybe a step by step "how-we-did-it.txt" to really
show it off so we can get some objective input.  I'll hold back my
opinion till we see some doc and info to back it up.

Thanks,
/b