[Asterisk-biz] Forklift a 2000 phone PBX

steve szmidt steve at szmidt.org
Sun Mar 27 19:19:19 MST 2005

On Sunday 27 March 2005 20:06, Preston Garrison wrote:
> Considering 100Mbps ethernet only uses 4 of the 8 wires, using cat 3
> wiring is pheasable.

You are saying that Cat 3 is feasible because 100Base-T only uses two pairs?
Do you mean by that, that we can use it for 2000 clients? I don't follow your
reasoning...

> It all depends on the quality of the cable.

Yes, the grade of the cable determines it's capabilities to adhere to a
standard.

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                Benjamin Franklin