[Asterisk-biz] Elmeg IP290

Rob Pickering rob at rpanetwork.co.uk
Sun Mar 27 12:42:39 MST 2005

Does anyone know the full story on these units?

Apparently Elmeg do the physical manufacturing and assembly for snom,
hence the um, resemblance :-). So I guess a snom is really an Elmeg
rather than the other way round. Elmeg approached us a while ago and
we have one of their units on eval. Basically it *is* a snom 190 but
with silver keys. In fact it came loaded with a later version of the
snom 190 firmware than a batch of snom 190s we bought the same week.

Elmeg in the UK insist that they have full rights on current and
future versions of the snom firmware, but I've also been told the
opposite by the snom channel.

--
	Rob.