[Asterisk-biz] taxes for calling cards

steve szmidt steve at szmidt.org
Fri Mar 25 20:38:32 MST 2005

On Friday 25 March 2005 21:52, Business Communications Net wrote:
> it sounds like some one has come up with a clever way to put a surcharge
> on the voip, there are not tax at the present time, the local government
> will have the ability, but you will have to have the carriers provide
> the service. how else would they know the difference between a call or
> an email. they would not. there are no tax at the present time, but if
> some one is taxing, you should contact them and the tax office, and ask
> them why they are taxing, and explain that you have call the IRS,  I am
> sure the taxes will disappear.

No you contact FCC, who's the ones that ruled on the tax.
But this is calling cards which follows other rules as far as I've heard,
which can of course be incorrect.

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                Benjamin Franklin