[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk marketing plan

Jeff Heath jheath1 at optonline.net
Fri Mar 25 18:59:03 MST 2005

I'm considering starting a business to sell Asterisk based PBXs to small
and medium sized businesses.  I have b2b sales experience selling
telecom test equipment, but my customer base is the large carriers
(Verizon, Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile, Cingular, MCI, etc).

Does anyone have advice as to where I can get a list of semi-warm
contacts?  There are plenty of b2b prospect lists available for purchase
and I can easily get a list of specific types of businesses in a limited
geographical area with a certain number of employees and start
cold-calling them, but does anyone know of a service that offers more
qualified leads (e.g. a list of businesses that have inquired about a
new phone system)?

Also, what are the most effective advertisements?

If there are any PBX salesmen on this list, I'd like to talk to you and
perhaps pay you a consulting fee for some guidance.  If you're
interested, you can contact me off list (jheath1 at optonline.net).

Thanks

Jeff