[Asterisk-biz] calling card feasibility

Herman Webley herman.webley at blitzllc.com
Thu Mar 24 13:35:16 MST 2005

Hi all,

Are there any termination providers on this list that provide rates
comparable to those on other boards? For instance I see offers of $0.028
to Jamaica on calltermination.com, whilst for instance Voipjet
termination to Jamaica is $0.21.

In general, what is the feasibility of setting up yet another another
calling card, essentially reselling minutes (via a website instead of
actual cards).

I have a dedicated server with ample bandwidth, I have asterisk setup
on. I was looking at Asterisk CC, but I am in the proces of creating my
own platform. Is that all I need?

I imagine that the dificult aspects would be getting the best rates for
termination (and originating I guess), and actually marketing the
product. I think I have the marketing part worked out for the time
being. Is there anything else that I should be on the lookout for?
Speaking of looking out, how does the tax thing work?(I'm not in the
US).

Best regards