[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk voip service providers network?

Grant Cheeseman gcheeseman at telus.net
Tue Mar 22 09:00:31 MST 2005

Jason,

Would you give me a call offline

Grant Cheeseman
604-970-6269
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jason Brown
  To: asterisk-biz at lists.digium.com
  Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 5:25 PM
  Subject: [Asterisk-biz] Asterisk voip service providers network?

  If someone has tried starting something like this up, please point me in the right direction. Otherwise, I would like to take a stab at coordinating an asterisk service providers group.

  Basically, the function would be to route traffic to each other and share are local lata gateway access from our * boxes.

  We would need to hammer out:

  Prices per minute for inbound termination

  Prices per month for renting DID's.

  Methods of payment

  Online billing and rating.

  Swapping ideas regarding features and services, and marketing

  What you must have:

  Asterisk hooked up to some PRI's

  A rating and provisioning engine.

  Be offering a retail VoIP service

  A genuine retail website where you sell the service

  If there are groups that are doing this already, please point me in the right direction, I would sure be interested. I am going live with my retail VoIP service in the central florida market in April. If not, I would like to get together with serious people who would seriously work to put it together, that don't have visions of billions dancing in their heads, and are about putting in the effort to build up a team network concept that may pay off big later on. Don't email me if you are in the dream stage, and don't email me if all you want is to know what's in it for you. This isn't an ad for me to make any dues or subscription fees off of you. I am not here to sell my billing/rating/provisioning engine. If you want, as I do, to put a big dent in your ILEC's business, and hammer out a way to compete with the bloatvoips of the internet, let's talk.

  Email me if you are interested.