[Asterisk-biz] caller-id name

David Aldworth daldworth at teliax.com
Fri Mar 18 13:33:02 MST 2005

Hi Wolfgang -

The potential to add CNAME to the incoming caller ID is always there.
However, it can require inter-machine trunking or other rather expensive
means of tapping into shared databases controlled by RBOC's and LEC's.
Adding this functionality would require significant investment which
would then have to be passed along to the subscriber. Most of our
subscribers are more interested in keeping their VoIP services
accessible (read: low-cost) than in receiving the caller id name. Our
ears are always open though.

Also, there are some other, per lookup type services out there that I've
heard of. And I'm sure will garner some responses to this thread. I'd be
open to hearing how reliable and accurate they are.

Kind Regards,
David Aldworth
TelIAX Customer Service
http://www.teliax.com