[Asterisk-biz] 802.11b desktop phones

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Wed Mar 16 08:32:22 MST 2005

One alternative would be to split this into two pieces--you could buy a
wireless bridge box (I've used the Linksys WET-11) and a wired phone.
You could stash the bridge box someplace out of the way so you'd only
have a single device sitting on the desktop.  I paid around $100 each
for WET-11s a couple years ago, and the SPA-841 is a decent phone and
under $100, so that ends up being a bit cheaper then the ClipComm.  You
can also re-flash Linksys WRT-54Gs with open-source bridge firmware,
and I've seen them for under $50 at times, but this might not be
something that you're interested in.

Scott