[Asterisk-biz] Announcing Global SMS capability for Asterisk

Adam Holt adamholt at mac.com
Tue Mar 15 14:37:33 MST 2005

Just to let you know that we're very pleased to say that after a successful
beta trial, we have now put the Asterisk SMS Gateway into live service.

Additionally, as of yesterday, we have increased our reach by a further 133
new mobile operators, spanning our existing global footprint, but also
opening-up SMS delivery for the first time to 30 additional countries and
regions.  This means we can now deliver to a total of 165 countries.

The new countries supported include: Brazil, China, Colombia, Japan, Korea
and Mexico.

The SMS Gateway solution includes a lightweight module which you can install
either as an AGI command, or as an app which can be compiled directly into
your Asterisk installation.  It is then accessed via the FASTSMS command.

The FASTSMS command can be called at any time from a dialplan and supports a
dynamic sender-id (basically set the 'sender' identifier on any text
messages to a numeric or alpha string of your choice).

Use it for voicemail / missed-call alerts, automated text receipts for
callers (e.g. call reference number), system alerts, mobile delivery of
IP-phone originated text messages, etc.

Once you've installed the FASTSMS module on your server, you will need to
create an account with us.  You will automatically be given 15 free SMS
credits when you sign-up.  If you wish to continue using the service you can
then buy additional credits from our website.

Even though the beta stage has now finished, we are still very keen to hear
feedback and comments from the Asterisk community.  Feel free to email me
directly or follow the support link on our site if you enquiry is a
technical query.

The main information page is:
http://www.bayhamsystems.com/asterisk.html

If you want to go straight to our full list of supported networks /
countries:
http://www.bayhamsystems.com/asterisk-network-list.html

Or create an account:
https://secure.bayhamsystems.com/asterisk/register.php

BR,

--
Adam Holt
Bayham Systems Ltd

Web:    http://www.bayhamsystems.com/
Email:    adam.holt at bayhamsystems.co.uk
Address:  No. 1 Farnham Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 4RG, United Kingdom

*** NEWS: Bayham Systems delivers first ever Global SMS Auction for UNICEF /
GSM-Association.  See how this raised over EUR90,000 at: http://www.gsm.org/