[Asterisk-biz] RE: Beta of WebPhone IAX client Avaiable (CuPoTKa)

Andres at itranser.com Andres at itranser.com
Tue Mar 15 05:24:30 MST 2005

Greg,

We are aware that installation could improve a lot. In fact, we already
mentionated that when we did the post announcing it was a beta.  Once we
known that our webcontrol is successfull, we would buy a digital signature
from verisign so we can sign the source with a trusted party. That why,
installation process will be really easy.   That´s something we will do on
a future release, once we checke there is interest on our control.

I known the babarnazmi product.  We deceided to do our own in order to
have further control, add more feautures, and more important, in order to
avoid the MesageBox with the CopyRight Message you get when you initialize
the control (we wnat to do do a less intrusive (c) message).

What it worries me is the "long delay" you mentionated..... When do you
see that long delay ?  I was unable to reproduce it !!!

Regarding the rest of the fautures you are asking, do not worry, the add
on the way. I want to focus FIRST on the basic funtionality (a working
WebPhone), and then, adding rest of feautures will be easy and fast.

Kind Regards,

                                Andres

Andres Gorostidi  -  IT Operations Manager
e-mail: Andres at EuropeSIP.com

EuropeSIP - http://www.EuropeSIP.com
Global SIP Shop - http://www.GlobalSIPShop.com
C/Tierra de Barros, 2
28820 Coslada  Madrid (Spain)

Tel +34916733232 Fax: +34916695578
IAXTEL: +17003402658   FWD 501050

"Greg Renouf" <grenouf at well.com>
Enviado por: asterisk-biz-bounces at lists.digium.com
14/03/2005 20:46
Por favor, responda a
Commercial and Business-Oriented Asterisk Discussion
<asterisk-biz at lists.digium.com>

Para
"'Commercial and Business-Oriented Asterisk Discussion'"
<asterisk-biz at lists.digium.com>
cc

Asunto
RE: [Asterisk-biz] RE: Beta of WebPhone IAX client Avaiable (CuPoTKa)

I think that one of the best advantages of the webphone concept is that it
can be distributed to less-technical users without asking them to go
through
an install process.

There is a similar product located at http://www.geocities.com/babarnazmi/
,
this webphone seems to be less of a hassle to install, but it seems that
development has stalled.

We tested your webphone, and found that our calls had an incredibly long
delay (20-30 seconds.)  I tried connecting to 2 different * servers, but
had
the same experience both times.

Some recommendations:

1. When the user presses one of the number keys, the application should
assume that they are dialing a number.  It seems that the current version
requires the user to click on the 'lcd' display 1st.

2. A phone book would be nice.

3. Add buttons for redial, missed calls, last dialed, etc...

-GSR