[Asterisk-biz] Re: Asterisk for small businesses.

William Waites ww at groovy.net
Thu Mar 10 13:36:52 MST 2005

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 07:29:35PM +0100, Samuel Tardieu wrote:

> Ahem. asterisk.py is a dangling symlink.

Ah yes, the packaging needs some fixing.

> <sam at willow>tar zxf pyastre-0.01.tar.gz
> <sam at willow>cd pyastre-0.01
> <sam at willow>python setup.py build
> Asterisk not found. Not building shared module.
> running build
> running build_py
> creating build
> creating build/lib
> creating build/lib/pyastre
> copying pyastre/__init__.py -> build/lib/pyastre
> error: can't copy 'pyastre/asterisk.py': doesn't exist or not a regular file

remove pyastre/asterisk.py, it is generated in _pyastre by swig.

When you run the install, you may have to copy asterisk.py manually
into /usr/lib/python2.3/site-python/pyastre

Also note that you will have to add -lpython2.3 to the linker flags
when building Asterisk.

As time permits, I will fix the packaging.

-w