[Asterisk-biz] Beta of WebPhone IAX client Avaiable

Andres Gorostidi Andres at itranser.com
Thu Mar 10 06:54:48 MST 2005

Hi,

As mentionated some days ago on this list,  we just developed a WebPhone
client that would like to distribute for free for non-comercial use and
even for small companies. We are still on the first basic implementation
(based on iaxclient) of the phone, but it is already funtional and ready
to be tested.  However, please keep on mind this is a very early beta
version. We are still working on the installation process (to obtain a
better signature to the OCX control and deal with some problems installing
on XP SP2 systems)  and on some additional feautures.

Currently, the WebPhone automatically defaults to GSM codec. If GSM codec
is not avaiable, it changes  automatically to G711.

Our idea is to do a basic version (even with more feautures that this one)
avaible for free, as far as it includes the (C) EuropeSIP and is not used
by more that 250 users.  If you want to remove that copyright from your
site or use it for larger installations, we are open to reach any other
agreement (even some collaboration agreement). We would do also
personalized versions (skins) and provide support.

You can test the WebPhone at http://www.iaxwebphone.com.  Please do not
use yet on production systems, since we are still closing  funtionality,
escability and conditions of use.   If we have sucess with this program,
we would study to do a PocketPc version with a very economic licence fee
(around 10-20 Euros). We would also open to include new codecs to the
WebPhone if we observe that there is a significative demand of them.

I would appreciatte any feedback about this version. If you feel program
is bad, let me known, please. If you think program is good, let me known
too.... :-)

Please, let me known what feautures you would like to have included on new
releases and if you think that the conditions of use stated before are
fair enough.

Kind Regards,

                        Andres

Andres Gorostidi  -  IT Operations Manager
e-mail: Andres at EuropeSIP.com

EuropeSIP - http://www.EuropeSIP.com
Global SIP Shop - http://www.GlobalSIPShop.com
C/Tierra de Barros, 2