[Asterisk-biz] Re: Opportunities for good billing solutions

ih_public ismailhassani at yahoo.fr
Wed Mar 9 17:07:01 MST 2005

>Message: 3
>Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 10:43:38 -0800
>From: snacktime <snacktime at gmail.com>
>Subject: [Asterisk-biz] Opportunities for good
billing >solutions
>To: asterisk-biz at lists.digium.com

>I've been in the online payments industry basically
>since it started.
>Mainly in software/product development.  Frankly it's
>getting old, I'm
>looking for something new and fun again to get into
>that also
>(hopefully) lets me leverage my past experience.

>One of my side projects for the last few months has
>been polishing up
>a soon to be open source credit card processing
>platform.  The kind
>that connects directly to bank networks and bypasses
>the likes of
>verisign, authorizenet, etc..

>My first thought was that a complete open source
>billing solution for
>* might be a good niche.  I see a number of * add-ons
>that handle a
>lot of the calculations, but I haven't seen a
complete >solution that
>provides such things as the customer interface,
>recurring billing,
>integrated credit card/ach processing, an IVR for
>making payments,
>etc..

>I'm interested in people's opinions on the demand for
>such a beast.

Hi Chris :

Have you heard from the possibilities that Mastercard
offers for bank customers wanting to make electronic
money remittance through mobiles?,you call with your
GSM mobile a free number which represents an IVR
system, the IVR system call you back and guide you to
make the money transfer by enabling you to enter your
card number,your PIN,the amount to transfer,and the
account or the card number of the receiving
destination ( both possibilities are given so it's
possible to make an easy card to card transfer of
money)

After your account has been debited you receive a
confirmation SMS ( asterisk can also send sms ..).
I think it s realistic to implement such a feature in
asterisk, at a first glance on muss add some
cryptographic mechanisms to ensure that the PIN number
is not transferred in plain text,make a link between
mobile numbers and account numbers,write the ISO 8583
interface from asterisk to the EFT network from
Mastercard ( or visa ). writing the interfaces to the
host bank ...

This solution can be also used to pay merchants in the
point of sales,the merchant need only to give his card
number,and you can pay him with your mobile, he become
a confirmation sms from the bank.

I have also worked for several years in the EFT
industry,if a bank or a payment network is interested
i can participate with you to make the proof in
concept to write the specifications, and participate
in the coding.

On another side is the open source you have worked on
for payement ready to use?, can one use it for such an
application?

Kind Regards
Ismail.