[Asterisk-biz] PRI Hardware Echo Canceller

alex at pilosoft.com alex at pilosoft.com
Thu Jun 30 15:05:26 MST 2005

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005, Jeremy McNamara wrote:

> alex at pilosoft.com wrote:
>
> >I fear Digium echo-cancellers. If previous experience teaches me
> >anything, they just don't get it.
> >
> >Echo cancellation is hard, lets go shopping.
>
> Echo cancellation in software is hard.
Echo cancellation in hardware is just as hard as software. Difference is,
smart people already wrote proper echo cancelling algorithms, but they
aren't releasing them, and they are only available in hardware. :(

(Yes, DSPs make hardware implementations *somewhat* simpler, but not
significantly)

Sourcecode license for a proper g.168 echocan runs in ~50k$ range plus
royalties. :(

-alex