[Asterisk-biz] PRI Hardware Echo Canceller

ewr at erols.com ewr at erols.com
Thu Jun 30 14:43:13 MST 2005

>> Unfortunately, soldering a power supply and cat 5 on to a 20 year old
>> card from ebay and then putting it all in a shoe box, or trying to track
>> down (as the wiki calls them) "the highly desireable 2 slot 253C"
>> shelves, are not really the greatest options for a corporate
>> environment.
> ebay usually has those shelves, not the 2-slot ones, but 7-slot older
> ones. yeah, they are wirewrap, big deal.

Is that the 253B shelf?  Wire-wrap is not really the problem.  The real
problem is availability (though size is also a consideration).  I just
looked through the Tellabs equipment on ebay and don't see any of the 8-slot
shelves available right now.

Either way, it doesn't solve my problem.  If I am installing asterisk in a
small to medium sized office, I would like to find a product that is easy to
purchase and easy to connect.  I don't want to rely on something that I
*might* be able to get if I watch ebay close enough, never knowing just how
much space it needs, how much I will have to pay for it, or if it will
actually work when it arrives.

I didn't really mean to be short in the last email, but it seems (IMHO) that
there is a huge need for a current product like this.  Evidently they *do*
exist, at least according to the Ditech and Valient websites, but I can't
seem to find anyone that actually sells them.  My hope was that some of the
other integrators or suppliers on this list might have found a current
product that fills this need.  Is everyone just using the ancient Tellabs
stuff?

Eric