[Asterisk-biz] Re: Asterisk-Biz Digest, Vol 11, Issue 103

Sudhir Kumar sudhir at cequip.com
Thu Jun 30 11:05:24 MST 2005

Jeremy McNamara wrote:

> Joshua Colp wrote:
>
> >In the beginning Digium used open source hardware, that was the original
> >quad card. The Varion cards use the same design that Digium used for theirs.
> >So they should be the same.
> >

> Originally Digium used the Zapata Telephony design, but now Digium has
> their own design using far superior T-1 Framer Chipset, which will
> dramatically lower the host CPU load to process calls.
>
> Now with the second generation of Digium's design starting to get up to
> speed, even less CPU is utilized.
>
> I would stick with Digium over Varion, any day.

I have only used t100p, te110p and te405p cards from Digium. I have also
used Sangoma's T/E cards. Sangoma's cards seem to perform better, as I
can see much less load on the CPU. Haven't tried newer cards from Digium
yet. I guess with newer chipset/firmware they should be able to match
Sangoma's performance.

My next purchase is going to be Digium. Everything being equal, I would
go with Digium than any other vendor.

If only, Digium can improve price/performance of their IAXys too, I will
not have to look for any other vendor at all !

-- sudhir