[Asterisk-biz] Sorry to all members for sending a Word attachment! Please Forgive Me.

Bud Brenneman bbrenneman at pohp.com
Fri Jun 24 13:02:34 MST 2005

My thanks to Rob G. for the head's up on my initial posting.  I'd like to apologize to everyone for sending a Word attachment.  I have a client that just switched to Asterisk and he recommend that I check out the product.  That's what drew me here.  Please consider my company if you or your clients need telephone on-hold "audio-newsletters"!

Make it a great weekend everyone and here's the text of my initial e-mail.  Cheers!

In this ultra-fast paced high-tech business environment in which businesses "strive to survive", telephone on-hold marketing can be the perfect compliment to your new phone system and a key to preventing caller hang-ups while attaining your company's advertising and marketing goals.

Telephone On-Hold Marketing can help you to establish and cultivate your corporate image. You've invested thousands of dollars in a new phone system. Marketing has just put out a new direct-mail piece. The phones are starting to ring. Callers are sometimes being placed on "hold". What are they hearing? Dead Silence, "beeps", "elevator music", or perhaps a classical music CD?

With "dead-silence" or "beeps" on hold, callers may hang-up thinking that they were forgotten about (30 seconds of silence often seems like 3 minutes!) Another option is to put a radio on as "hold music". Bad idea! Why play a radio on hold, advertising for other companies (including your competitors)? Playing the radio or CD's on-hold is also considered a "public performance" facing your company with music licensing fees and fines from various music licensing agencies.

On-Hold Marketing is the solution to this PR nightmare. It can also be the final piece of the advertising puzzle. You now have an opportunity to include your current advertising campaign, slogan, mission statement, sales promotions, web-site, educational information, jingle (if you have one) etc. In reality, telephone on-hold marketing is an "audio newsletter" allowing the Marketing Department to keep your telephone on-hold announcement consistent with all other advertising that you do.

After all, when you are waiting the lobby of a business, doctor's office, etc., you're typically not waiting in a dark, concrete "holding area". Why would you want subject callers to that same type of experience when they're holding for you on the telephone line? Face it, in a perfect world, no call would ever be placed on hold. Callers would get through to their desired party to have their questions answered with every call. But this just isn't reality (even in the age of voice-mail). Why not consider an on-hold marketing program for your company's new (or existing) phone system? Would you like some fries with that?

Kind Regards,
-Bud Brenneman
Bud Brenneman
VP, Business Development