[Asterisk-biz] Price models

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 09:52:15 MST 2005

Just thought I would post this in case someone might benefit from it.

I've been looking high and low for a provider that has good quality
and good service for a lower volume account, such as a home office or
a personal account with a couple of DID's and maybe some intl long
distance.  What I've found is that the guys offering good quality are
all after the business market.   That basically means you need around
$100 month or so minimum to use them.

On the other end you have the pay as you go model.  Good rates and
sometimes good quality, but service really suffers just due to the
fact that you can't possibly provide good service for what most of
these guys charge.  I understand that so I don't blame anyone when the
service isn't all that great.

I cannot find anything in between.   It just doesn't exist, or at
least it's very hard to find.  Personally what I would love is someone
that would give me good service, charge me more, but be in line with a
home office/personal account.  Say now I pay $20 a month for some long
distance and a couple of DID's.  I'd be happy to pay an extra $20 a
month for better customer support.

Maybe it's time for a subscription model for BYOD more along the lines
of vonage, or even a premium support option where I can pay an extra
$20 per month.

For providers that just deal with real businesses it's a different
story.  I haven't had a problem finding what I need in that area.  But
for SOHO/personal accounts it's been a real challenge.

Chris