[Asterisk-biz] $3 Sale!! $3 Sale!! $3 Sale!! $3 Sale!!

Danny Froberg danny at froberg.org
Fri Jun 24 09:27:24 MST 2005

alex at pilosoft.com wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jun 2005, Robert Goodyear wrote:
>

>>Why is it that VoIP re-re-re-sellers != customer service?
>>
>>It's a definite trend.
>
> you get what you pay for. 3$/month does not buy customer service.
>
> -alex

Why not? so what qould be the correct pricing for a DID to include
customer service? If someone does the IKEA thing and sells HEAPS of low
cost $3 DID's in bulk... one would assume he'd done the calculations
beforehand and included a *resonable* level of customer *support* (i.e
getting the darn thing to work ;)) although a customer that takes 2
weeks (i am exagerating) to complete configuration an SIP UA or whatever
might better be directed to another service...

My philosofy is: "I sell with best effort service included" for me that
usually brings happy and content repeat customers... Which in turn
enables me to hire yet another service / support guy to maintain the
happy customers base... whitch in turn... rinse repeat...

My somewhat longwinded point is... erm.. i forgot.. :) nah.. it's seams
that with an uncanny regularity the happy customer has a buddy that also
needs the service thats now warmly recommended. *BUT* (punchline) every
unhappy customer seams to have 3 buddies that now hates your guts...

Go figure...

/Danny