[Asterisk-biz] Legal Requirement for Digital PBX

steve szmidt steve at szmidt.org
Thu Jun 23 17:13:52 MST 2005

On Thursday 23 June 2005 12:56, Dean Collins wrote:
> You're kidding right? How often does the power go down at your office?
> When it happens here we go home/out to lunch/break out the cards.

Not all companies (owners) like to operate that way.

> The servers are backed up for automated shutdown etc but I'm not going
> to run power to every pc and every desk phone in the whole building for
> the 15-30 mins a year.

That's your decision. I would not dream of not using it in a corporate
setting. Normal irregularities in power chew away on electronics.

For my customers the loss of work and interruptions are more important than
$80/head/2 years. Of course we all have different priorities.

But I thought we were talking about a PBX? Where the lost call can mean lost
business. Certainly you keep your servers on UPS? Why not the PBX?

Hell, I have 10K just at home. Because I can't stand interruptions due to
power. True, I live in Florida, and we have a lot of brownouts.

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                Benjamin Franklin