[Asterisk-biz] Legal Requirement for Digital PBX

Chris Mason (Lists) lists at masonc.com
Thu Jun 23 15:05:38 MST 2005

Dean Collins wrote:

>Lol, then you have other issues to worry about - where the heck are you?
>
>Some third world country I can understand but USA....I doubt it.

You doubt correct. I am in Anguilla, British West Indies. With only one
power station, no grid, anything will take the power out.
I have seen poles knocked down by joyriders resulting in outages, but
the main reason is pole fires, the dry dusty climate cakes the equipment
with dust and then a light shower turns it into a path to ground.
We have a generator and everything in the office is on a large UPS, so
we rarely have to power down. Hurricanes are another matter, we can be
down for days. and the power can be out for weeks.

--
Chris Mason
NetConcepts
Yahoo IM: netconcepts_anguilla at yahoo.com