[Asterisk-biz] VoIP Future and Asterisk -- For Teliax, LiveVOIP, NuFone, VoipJet, BroadVoice and all other IXPs

Kenneth Shaw ken at expitrans.com
Mon Jun 20 12:56:04 MST 2005

For all Inter-exchange carriers using Asterisk,

Someone posted recently on the list about doing something to combat
credit card fraud that the IXPs are encountering right now. I have a
suggestion -- unity.

You would greatly benefit not only yourselves, but the community at
large by building what we really need: a decentralized, uniform,
peer-to-peer, secure voice relay system.

All of you need the same things right now: secure, fraud resistant
payment systems, an easy to use configuration interface, least cost
routing, and the acquisition of cheaper, route ratings, and better
termination/origination lines in foreign countries. In essence, you need
to pool your resources and become what you are destined to be: a minute
exchange.

Your competition is Skype, Vonage, VoicePulse, CallVantage, CallWing,
etc. -- not each other. I really want to see Asterisk grow as a
communications platform, and that will not happen if the small
commercial enterprises that support it die because they cannot compete
on the same scale that the big dogs do.

Jeremy, David, Mike, Mark, and all the others, band together. All of you
currently resell the same companies, and use the same software:
Asterisk. I assure you that Vonage will be bought up by one of the
failed VoIP arms of the AT&Ts, Verizons and Cingulars of the world, but
only after Vonage buys out VoicePulse. And if you think the industry is
too competitive now, just wait until Netscape, er, I mean Google,
launches their Communicator product in early 2007, and Microsoft and
Yahoo start offering similar services.

Realize that Vonage, Mr. Pulver's gig, started out as a concept for a
telecom minute auction. A minute exchange! But back then, the technology
wasn't available (or was too expensive) to pull it off, and so was a
failed business concept.

Become the NYSE of telecom, and make it open so that any company or
individual can directly buy or sell minutes on your network. That's what
people, consumers and businesses, really want.

--
Kenneth Shaw
Director of Technology
ken at expitrans.com