[Asterisk-biz] CC Fraud

Steve Kennedy steve-asterisk at gbnet.net
Sun Jun 19 09:45:21 MST 2005

On Sun, Jun 19, 2005 at 08:05:23AM -0400, Chris Mason (Lists) wrote:

> >I'm not familiar with the settlement system for long distance carriers,
> Neither am I, and I would really like to know more. Can anyone offer a
> synopsys of how that works or links to info on it?

I cant comment on US practice, but having worked for an Altnet in the UK
there are huge problems with settlement.

BT is the main telco in the UK (they account for more than 85% of the
telecoms infrastructure and business).

Since they have connectivity into premises, you are always going to have
to deal with them for termination and more than likely origination too.

The telco I was involved with were installing SS7 probes and a mediation
engine such that discrepencies and fraud could be detected.

Steve

--
NetTek Ltd  Fax +44-(0)20 7483 2455
Skype / In  stevekennedyuk / UK +442088167166 / US +13106518226