[Asterisk-biz] CC Fraud

Mojo Jojo mylist at lightwavetech.com
Sun Jun 19 09:16:17 MST 2005

Well, here is an example..

I am one of members of our LLC and happen to do pretty well, so I can afford
a fax machine but....

I do find myself MANY times in a location, with my laptop (home, out of
town, relatives etc.) that I have everything I need but a fax machine,
especially one that could fax things like a driver's license or credit card
without first using a copier.

So, assuming that because someone doesn't have immediate access to a fax
and/or copier also somehow means they are broke and not doing business with,
is in many cases a mistake. These days, being unwired and telecommuting are
very common. It's very easy for a person who may be tied to a VERY big
company to have a laptop and Internet access where he is working but it's
reasonable to think he/she may not have a fax machine, copier and land line
handy to send a fax until they get back to the office.

Either way, I still like the idea of requiring a fax to sign up. In our
case, we are entering into a relationship that should require a little
effort. If people are not willing to go a little out of their way to sign up
for such an important deal, I usually find this odd and start to question
the relationship all together.

Thing is, all my comments relate to our main business which initially can be
a larger dollar amount than many of the VOIP termination providers I have
seen.

So, for smaller cost of entry items, I think the faxing may be a deterrent.
I guess this is what I am saying here :) I think what you put your potential
customer through has to have something to do with the amount you charge up
front at the point where you don't know the customer at all.

In my case, if someone is giving me $99-$1100US and doesn't want to go
through the trouble to send me a fax then I find this odd. On the other
hand, if someone was giving me say $25/us then I would not find this
frustration so odd.

--
Private Label Wholesale Internet Access!
http://www.YourOwnISP.com