[Asterisk-biz] CC Fraud

AR Tarzi artarzi at batelco.com.bh
Sat Jun 18 15:49:19 MST 2005

This is easily solved by intermediation: A Bank!

may I suggest moneybookers ?
  1.. No question of chargeback. The "prepayment" happens at the initiation side. The payment is unilateral (uninvited).
  2.. Well rated international operation regulated by the FSA (UK)
  3.. Minimal cost to the receiver (when you wish to actually receive the money - i.e. not transaction based. Your cost is the float while the money sits there)
  4.. They understand the risks (web) and manage them well.
  5.. Renders you immune from even having to know any credit card information.
I'm not saying it's without risk. But your risk is to a financially regulated entity. Negligible!

Noteworthy to mention, it is used by skype.. automagically, once you pay, you're thrown back to skype and your account is updated with the funds (and the service if you were paying for something like a DID).

All you need is an email account to receive funds. (or an automatic arrangement to feed your account). I'm sure many of you are better equipped to research the interfacing so if you wish to plug it as an add-in to asterisk, it'd be available to all.
Anyone wish to contribute to a bounty to get this done ?